!Khwa ttu, the San Education and Culture Centre in Western Cape
At !Khwa ttu the San people will take you on a journey into their history, traditional knowledge, skills, languages, customs and current affairs. Khwa ttu - A Celebration of San Culture, Past andPresent, with a mandate to: Restore and display San heritage, culture, folklore, visual arts, cosmology and languagesEducate the general public about the world of the SanProvide training to the Sanin literacy, entrepreneurship, tourism, health issues, community development, craft production/marketing and gender awareness.
- This fascinating insight into the culture, heritage, knowledge and modern-day life of the San of Southern Africa entails accompanying a group of our qualified San guides who will lead you through a truly exceptional experience.
- The old original farmhouse has been lovingly restored over the last four years. It now houses a beautifully designed restaurant, which can seat up to 60 guests.
- We are extremely proud of our new Arts and Crafts Shop at !Khwa ttu. We have worked hard to build strong links with partner San community organisations across Southern Africa. We are pleased to be able to say that all of our arts and crafts are genuinely produced by the San themselves; from people living in villages based within the remotest parts of Southern Africa.
- !Khwa ttu offers different kind of accomodation. You can spend the night in our self cateringGuest House or for the more adventurous you may want to try the tents in the Bush Camp.
- If you are looking for a venue that will provide you with quality conference or special occasion facilities, in an idyllic rural setting, then we can provide it.
- Forward-thinking businesses and organisations across Southern Africa are now looking to demonstrate their commitment to communities and to charitable institutions.
!Khwa ttu, the San Education and Culture Centre