Aid At Hand in Johannesburg
Aid at Hand is professional training provider based in Johannesburg. Scheduled public courses, corporate and private courses are offered for minimum of 4 students. Scheduled training is held atvenues in Johannesburg, and alternatively corporate or private courses can be can be facilitated on-site. Courses are accredited with American Heart Association, University of Johannesburg and Dept.of Labour. Health and safety courses for compliance with OHS Act or for earning continuous professional development points are offered.
Personal, interesting, and to the point courses are offered and timeous issuing of certificates
- The First Aid - Level 1 Course covers basic first aid topics required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act including Basic principles of emergency care, patient assessment, management of airway obstructions, basic CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation), wounds and bleeding, shock, unconsciousness and fainting, burns, fractures and splinting, head and spinal injuries, common medical emergencies (diabetes, convulsions, asthma, allergies). This course meets the standards and guidelines set by the Department of Labour
- The First Aid - Level 2 Course covers advanced first aid topics including secondary survey, multiple casualty management, eye injuries, chest and abdominal injuries, strokes, heart attacks, poisoning, bites and stings, cold and heat related conditions. A prerequisite of this course is the completion of the First Aid - Level 1 course. This course meets the standards and guidelines set by the Department of Labour.
- The First Aid - Level 3 Course covers advanced first aid topics including emergency childbirth and the use of Automated External Defibrillator. A prerequisite of this course is the completion of the First Aid - Level 2 course. This course meets the standards and guidelines set by the Department of Labour.
- The Heartsaver AED Course teaches students how to perform effective CPR to an adult, child or infant including competent use of an AED during CPR. It also deals with relieving choking in an adult, child or infant.
- The Family and Friends CPR Course is ideal for any member of the community who wants to learn CPR, but does not need a course completion card from the American Heart Association. On completion, students will be able to perform effective CPR to an adult, child and infant as well as relieve choking competently in an adults, children and infants.
- The Heartsaver Paediatric First Aid, CPR and AED is an excellent course for any person involved in child care, e.g. parents, child care workers, teachers, foster care providers, camp counsellors, youth organizations, sport coaches, etc. It is ideal for people who have no medical knowledge and who would like to learn the basic of first aid for children.
- The Heartsaver First Aid, CPR and AED Course is accredited by the American Heart Association. Our Heartsaver First Aid, CPR and AED Course is ideal for lifeguards, fire-fighters, security personnel, police officers or other employees as part of job responsibilities. It is also recommended for any person with a family member who may be at high risk of medical or injury emergency.