BDO Spencer Steward in Durban
As the Southern African member firms of BDO International, we are part of a network of BDO member firms with over 620 offices in more than 110 countries. So wherever you are in the world, BDO is close to your business. In southern Africa, BDO has offices in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zambia and Zimbabwe. We specialise in advising entrepreneurs and businesses with ambition to grow. Our comprehensive range of business advisory and accounting services help clients to maximize their growth potential and achieve their business objectives.Our commitment to service excellence, professionalism and client satisfaction has positioned us securely as one of the leading accounting and consulting organisations in the world. BDO Spencer Steward has provided audit, risk assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to private and publicly traded businesses for over 43 years. The environment we create for our staff liberates their talent and motivates them to make quick, robust decisions, challenge clients when appropriate and give straight answers. Our commitment is to create unlimited growth by giving our people continuous opportunities and our clients unparalleled support.
- Our approach to any audit engagement ensures that our clients benefit from a multi-disciplinary focus which delivers more than just the traditional statutory audit and financial statements
- If you've been in business for any time at all, you will have realised the critical success factor: keeping tabs on the cash flow. And yet this activity requires a host of administrative and repetitive tasks that divert your focus and are time consuming.
- When starting a new business, there are a myriad of statutory formalities to be observed which have to be reviewed at least once a year. Non-compliance can have costly consequences but not everyone has the full knowledge of all the changing legislation - or the time to keep up with it
- We work across a wide range of industries and our local knowledge on international transactions is underpinned by the BDO International network.Our teams are highly committed to achieving the strategic objectives of clients by taking a quality-driven, proactive and personal approach to transactions.
- We provide a comprehensive financial planning service to individuals, partnerships, close corporations and companies. We help people manage their financial affairs, to achieve their lifetime goals reliably through well researched advice and effective implementation.
- Many fast growing companies are poorly supported by their IT infrastructure. Systems simply "grow" in an ad-hoc fashion as software and hardware are added to deal with day-to-day requirements, while the management team addresses more pressing issues. While such businesses might have ambitious plans, their IT systems may not be robust or scalable enough to support their future growth. Indeed, the systems may already represent an unacceptable level of risk if management is to rely on IT to deliver a critical support service to the business.
- We will assist you develop a people asset management strategy that incorporatesrecruiting the best people for your business motivating and developing staff successfully navigating the employment legislation maze
- Risk affects every company in a different way. Risk Advisory Services, a division of BDO Spencer Steward Services (Pty) Ltd , helps clients achieve a balance between reliable performance and continuous improvement by understanding and managing the inherent risk of business. We provide comprehensive risk advisory services that are tailored to meet your unique requirements.
- Our tax services team is equipped to deal with business and personal tax planning, as well as shareholder and owner issues and employment solutions. We have specialist partners who lead specialist areas with a team committed to ensuring you receive the most up-to-date information relating to your tax needs. We have an in-depth understanding of the issues in a fast-paced business and tax environment. Whether you are a business or an individual, our teams give practical and direct advice, delivering solutions which suit your needs.
- Estate planning, along with tax planning, is an essential part of personal financial planning. Changing personal circumstances as well as a changing legislative and financial environment make it imperative for everyone to look carefully at the way their affairs are ordered. Estate planning is complex. Overlooking or neglecting any aspect thereof can create problems in the future. To prevent this, BDO has its own experts who ensure that estate plans comply with all legal and personal requirements.