Interlink School of Languages in Cape Town
Established in 1998, Interlink offers exceptional service, a unique character and individual attention. Interlink is accredited by Quality English, an international organisation that selects onlyestablished, independently managed English Language centres of outstanding reputation. At Interlink we value the individual, we take care in what we do and how we do it, always being open and honestand treating everybody with respect. We understand that learning a language is a major investment in a person's future and our individual approach provides personal attention and support.
Quality English Language Training
- General English is our standard course which gives you a good foundation in all aspects of the English Language and is designed to improve your level. Using a course book and supplementary materialsyou will practice all four language skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- This is our core course (General English) with the advantage of two additional afternoon lessons to help build confidence and fluency through general discussion and conversation. Lessons per week: 30x 50 minutes group Levels: Beginner to Advanced Lesson times: 09:00 - 15:30 Mon to Fri The main emphasis of this course is on practical communication to build up your vocabulary and help to developfluency and confidence. The primary focus is on extending speaking and listening skills. Students are given plenty of opportunities to practice the spoken English language through discussions,debates and conversation activities, such as role-play and pair-work.
- The intensive English plus course is the same as the intensive course but with the advantage of an extra one-to-one lesson. This gives you the advantage of the group course with a private lessonstructured around your needs. This ensures a greater level of individual attention and a faster rate of progress in the time you have available.
- The Business English programme is a combination of the general English programme and the London Chamber of Commerce & Industry's internationally recognised English for Business course. Grammarand vocabulary are practiced in a work context and combined with business skills such as presentations, telephoning, negotiations and business writing. The course includes the option of ending withan examination for the internationally recognised London Chamber of Commerce English for Business Certificate. Lessons per week: 30 x 50 minutes group Levels: Intermediate to Advanced Lesson times:09:00 - 15:30 Monday to Friday
- Preparation courses for the Cambridge FCE (First Certificate), CAE (Advanced) and CPE (Proficiency) certificates. Students participate in the general English classes in the mornings to improve theirfluency and accuracy, and then do specific exam training in the afternoon. Practice exams are done to ensure students are familiar with the different techniques required. Lessons per week: 30 x 50minutes group Levels: Intermediate to Advanced Lesson times: 09:00 - 15:30 Monday to Friday Course length: 8, 10 or 12 weeks
- Preparation classes for the TOEFL test. This course is suitable for students who will be going to English speaking countries to study. Training consists of the General English course to improvefluency and accuracy, with extra lessons focusing specifically on the skills needed for the test. Lessons per week: 30 x 50 minutes group Levels: Intermediate to Advanced Lesson times: 09:00 - 15:30Monday to Friday The TOEFL test measures your ability to use and understand English at the university level. It evaluates how well you combine your listening, reading, speaking and writing skills toperform academic tasks. It is administered via the Internet and contains 100 percent academic content created by working with institutions to identify the English-language demands faced by non-nativeEnglish speakers. It simulates actual tasks from classrooms - from comprehending a lecture to participating in discussions and extracurricular activities. This ensures that you are equipped with theskills you need in a higher education classroom.
- Preparation classes for the IELTS test. This course is suitable for students who will be going to English speaking countries to study or work. Training consists of the General English course toimprove fluency and accuracy, with extra lessons focusing specifically on the skills needed for the test. Lessons per week: 30 x 50 minutes group Levels: Intermediate to Advanced Lesson times: 09:00- 15:30 Monday to Friday The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) assesses the English language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as the languageof communication. IELTS assesses all of your English skills - reading, writing, listening and speaking - and is designed to reflect real life use of English. You have a choice of two versions ofIELTS: Academic or General Training, your choice will depend on your needs and plans for the future. Everybody takes the same Listening and Speaking components, it is the Reading and Writingcomponents that differ.
- These are individual lessons for students with specific needs or limited time. Classes are structured around the exact needs of the student and maximise the students learning time.
- All our accommodation options have been carefully chosen to ensure that our students are comfortable and relaxed. They are all situated within 20 minutes by public transport so that our students haveeasy access to the school, the beaches, the Sea Point Promenade and various cafes and restaurants.Our aim is to make you feel at home in Cape Town and your accommodation is an extremely importantpart of your whole experience. Whether you choose to stay with a host family, in an apartment, at a hotel, guest house or backpackers, you can be assured that we will give you quality accommodationthat best suits your needs.
Interlink School of Languages